Friday, June 29, 2012

Week 3/Day 5





I'm almost done with my 3rd week of Insanity and it's feels rewarding once I finish the work out every day, but it's never easy. Friday is always a workout day that runs in a circuit. I work the whole body (legs, arms, back, core, abs) in shorter sets. My sets for now run at 4 sets at 12x12x10x8 reps at max weight as I can handle. Today's workout is listed below:




>20 minutes deep stretching
>45 minutes of strength and resistance training. (whole body circuit)
>20 minutes of high intensity cardio. (0-.5% incline @ 7.3mph for 3 mins then 2 mins at steady jog (5.8mph) until 20 mins is reached.
>Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance.


The cardio power and resistance dvd is my least favorite. My arms are still weaker than my legs and I'm working hard at strengthening them.


Below are my meals for today:

M1:1 whole egg, 2 egg white scramble mixed with peppers and onions. 1/2 whole grain bagel thin with strawberry preserves and blackberries.
M2: (post workout): Xrated Cookies and Cream protein shake. 1 scoop of cookies and cream whey protein, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water and crushed ice.
M3: Mixed greens with chicken sausage, 1Tbsp sliced almonds, Laughing cow Swiss cheese wedge with dressing on side.
M4: (post Insanity): Chocolate protein shake and 1 medium sized banana.
M5: Lemon-pepper marinated skinless chicken with mixed greens, 4 cut strawberries, 1Tbsp almonds, handful of carrots, dressing on side.
M6: 2 peanut butter protein cookies.


 




Here is a photo of my dinner that I had today, since I decided to post at least 1 meal of mine every day to hopefully spark new meal ideas for everyone. :) Happy Friday!






Dinner: Lemon-pepper chicken & mixed greens
































No comments:

Post a Comment