Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Week 4/Day 2

It has been a chaotic couple of days, but I have still been on track with my routines and progress. Today was the second day of my fourth week of Insanity and I'm excited to say soon that I've completed month one. My workout today is listed below:


-20 minutes of Deep Stretching
-40 minutes of Weight & Resistance Training (Day for the arms and upper body)

-30 minutes of HIIT on treadmill ranging from 0-4% incline @ 7.2mph
-10 minutes of additional HIIT on treadmill @ 4% incline @ 7.8mph
--This consists of 30 seconds on full speed/30 seconds off rotating for 10 minutes.
-Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance.

My meals today are also listed!

M1: 4 egg whites mixed with pepper, onions scrambled topped with green chili, whole grain toast with grapes and blackberries.
M2: Chocolate peanut butter protein shake. 1 scoop of chocolate pb whey protein, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water and crushed ice.
M3: Mixed greens salad with sliced turkey, handful carrots, 1tbsp sliced almonds, 1 Laughing Cow Swiss cheese wedge, dressing on side.
M4: 1 Gala apple with 2tbsp of natural peanut butter.
M5: 2 chicken tenderloins baked with pepper, onions, diced bell peppers, baked in green chili & steamed veggies.
M6: Chocolate peanut butter protein cookies. (recipe below)


Weekly Goal: Incorporate more vegetables daily.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies:
-1/4 cup peanut butter
-1/4 cup skim milk

-2tsp brown sugar
-1/2 cup oats
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-chocolate chips (if desired)
-cinnamon (if desired)
-1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder (if desired)


**Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together, if needed add a few teaspoons of water to add moisture. Roll into small spheres. Bake 12-15 minutes until done. I baked mine for only about 12 minutes, I prefer a doughy cookie :)

Out of all the recipes I've made, this is by far my favorite. This can also be made with sliced banana and made into muffins or bread.


Enjoy!



-Progress is coming along great & I look forward to continuing my journey tomorrow. Fitness does not take a holiday for me. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment