Monday, July 23, 2012

Back to the Grind: Week 6/Day 1

After one full recovery week that I really needed, I was ready to get back in the game with my workouts again. I have changed my regime since month 2 of Insanity is more intense. I have decided to cut my gym sessions to 3x a week for the following month until I complete round 1 of Insanity. I have decided to go for 2 rounds of Insanity and I am teetering between trying the Insanity Asylum and Tapout XT. I still have time to decide this though :)

My workouts for today are listed below:

-15 minutes of deep stretching
-45 minutes of weight and resistance training (today was a day for the chest and arms)
-15 minutes of HIIT on treadmill with no incline today with rotations of 7.5mph and 3.5mph.
-Insanity Fit Test & Max Interval Circuit.


As listed above, I have done the fit test again today,  along with today's results, there is a comparison between today's test and my previous test 2 weeks ago. Here are my results:

-Switch kicks: 130 (+28)
-Power jacks: 53 (+8)
-Power knees: 120 (+4)
-Power jumps: 55 (+22)
-Globe jumps: 36 (+18)
-Suicide jumps: 16 (-4)
-Push up jacks: 27 (+5)
-Low plank oblique: 50/100 (+14)


I am very pleased with my fit test results, especially with the power jumps. Major increase for me! Just when I thought I wasn't doing well enough, this test proved otherwise :)


Below are my meals for the day:
-Snack: Large whole orange
-M1: post-gym: 2 scrambled whole eggs mixed with peppers, spinach, onions with 2tbsp salsa and sliced strawberries and blackberries.
-M2: post-insanity: Chocolate fudge protein shake. 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk, chocolate-fudge whey protein, crushed ice.
-Snack: Luna Oatmeal and raisin nutrition bar.
-M3: Turkey meatloaf with 1/2 cup brown rice and cooked vegetables.


-Today, I burned over 1,600 calories and I know for a fact I did not eat enough once again today, I am trying at the moment to decide what to have for a final snack now before bed. I'm leaning toward another shake :)


I'm ready to get back in the grove again tomorrow. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment