Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 5/Day 1



Happy Monday!
After today's workout I felt great! Below is the info for my workouts for today:

-10 minutes of deep stretching
-45 minutes of weight & resistance training (today I opted for a full body circuit)
-25 minutes of intense running @ 1-1.5% incline @ 7.4mph max pace for 3:10 minutes/5 mph easy job for 2 minutes.
-Insanity Core Cardio and Conditioning


When I work on full body circuits, I make my sets less (12X12X10X8) incorporated with heavy weights, plus working the muscles to failure on select exercises. When I lift to failure, I go on the max weight I am capable of doing and repeating twice by slowly decreasing the weight.  Below is some of the workouts I've done today:

 -Leg curls @ max weight of 105lbs. >Lift to failure from 105, 85 and 60lbs
 -Chest press @ max weight of 60lbs.
 -Cable crossover (arms) @ max weight of 25lbs >Lift to failure from 25, 17.5 and 12.5lbs
 -Cable overhead triceps extension @ max weight of 32lbs.
 -One legged squat with 25lb weight.
 -Squat with dumbbell @ 35lb weight centered.

I also did some work for the abs and obliques such as elbow to knee exercises, bicycle crunches, reverse crunches and crunches with heel pushes.
My goal is to incorporate more ab and oblique exercises with my routine. It's my least favorite muscle group to work on and it's also the area I need to work on most. I am also trying to lose a few extra pounds & that's also the most difficult part for me. I will have to keep my progress posted!



*Today was my first day on the Cardio and Conditioning phase of Insanity and even though it was a much slower workout, it was still tough and it felt great. Can't wait for day 2 tomorrow!


My meals for today are below:
M1: Whole egg over easy on whole grain toast with grapes and blackberries (pictured below)
M2: (post workout & post Insanity): Strawberry protein shake. 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 scoop strawberry whey protein, crushed ice.
M3: Mixed greens with a wedge of Laughing Cow Swiss cheese, handful of baby carrots, pepper, dressing on side.
M4: Lime chicken taco salad. Mixed greens, chopped green bell pepper, chopped green onions, diced white onions, pinch of shredded Mexican-style cheese, 2 tbsp fresh salsa, 4 small sized crushed multi-grain tortilla chips.
M5: Sliced Gala apple with handful of Cheerios.


Below is a picture of my breakfast of whole egg over toast. This is one of my favorite breakfast dishes.
















No comments:

Post a Comment