Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 5/Day 3

Today, I went for sprints before Insanity today and I feel sore and tired but it's worth it. I can begin to see greater definition in my arms and shoulders and it's amazing!


Below is my workout for the day:
-15 minutes of deep stretching
-45 minutes of strength training (full body all week)
-25 minutes of sprints 3:10minutes on 1:50minutes off @ 7.6 mph/high with 1.5%incline.
-Insanity Core Cardio & Balance


It is still mid-day here in sunny Arizona so below is a list of my meals planned for today:
M1: Whole egg with 1/2 toasted whole grain bagel thin and strawberry preserves, handful of green grapes and blackberries.
M2: (post workout and Insanity): Vanilla-Almond protein shake. 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk, crushed ice, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, splash of almond extract.
M3: Mixed greens with handful of baby carrots, tuna mixed with plain Greek yogurt and pepper and onion with celery pieces, Laughing Cow low-fat Swiss cheese wedge.
M4: Baked turkey marinated with lemon and pepper mixed with steamed vegetables.
M5: Gala apple with sliced strawberries.  

This week, I am planning to do full body circuit exercises every day since I will be out of town for 5 days. Plus, I have been needing time to deload from working out anyway. It will be a great rest and great to get on track after this weekend. For the trip, I am making myself cinnamon chocolate & vanilla protein cookies so that I will have healthy snack options for my trip to Milwaukee. The recipe is below:

1 cup all natural peanut butter
2 egg whites
2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
1/4 cup Stevia
1/3 cup almond meal (ground almonds.. I like Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla extract


-Instructions
-Preheat oven to 350 F
-In a large bowl mix all ingredients together
-Use a tbsp. to scoop out the dough. Roll into little balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet
-Bake for 10 minutes. Make sure you don't overcook them!
-Cool for a few minutes before eating



Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment