Sunday, June 17, 2012

Concluding the Weekend & Looking at the Week Ahead-

Saturday•
Day 6 of Insanity: plyometric cardio circuit. I think looking ahead with my weekends, I will solely do my Insanity session unless I'm really itching for a run. I do not lift weights on weekends to give my muscles a break from lifting the week prior and to also rest up for the week ahead. My meals were as follows:

M1: 2Egg White Breakfast Burrito in whole grain tortilla with red & green peppers and salsa. Sliced Nectarine.
M2: Post Insanity: Cookies and Cream Protein Shake. ½ Cup Skim Milk, ½Cup water, crushed ice.
M3: Turkey Chef Salad, no cheese. Dressing on side.
M4: Plain Greek yogurt, with sliced strawberries, blackberries, 1tbsp almond slices, cinnamon and protein powder.
M5: Skinless Chicken Thighs (2) cooked with homemade marinara sauce & steamed veggies.
M6: Banana Mash Protein Cookie & Dark Chocolate,almond squares (3) & gummy bears.
-Yes, I'm a sucker for candy and I allow myself for a little on Saturdays :)

Sunday 6•17
Sundays are my only rest day to prep for the week ahead. So my meals today are as follow:
M1• cinnamon protein pancake and 1/2 sliced banana.
M2: protein bar
M3:Grilled Chicken Salad. No cheese. Dressing on side.
M4: Protein Bar
M5: 1Cup whole wheat pasta  & sugar free tomato sauce.
M6: sugar free Jello.


Okay, so my Sunday was not the  best day. I was in 110 temps at a marina with family for the afternoon. The heat can be exhausting but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'm ready to get back in the groove tomorrow :)
Sundays are my prep days too for the meals ahead of the week and a dessert. Today I made chocolate protein cupcakes with peanut butter frosted. Very Simple recipe:

-2 Scoops of your favorite
 Powder
-Water ( I used only 2/3 to get a thicker batter)

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix and bake in cupcake pan for 15 minutes.
Top with Peanut or Almond Butter depending on your nutritional needs. If you like mocha, its also good to mix protein powder with coffee vs water.


-I'm prepared for the week ahead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment