Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 3--Day 2

Today my workouts were dedicated to the legs and glutes, abs along with high intensity cardio and with Insanity. I gotta say that Insanity today was felt somewhat easier which means that I am making great progress. I give it my all and today I felt accomplished. I've been also doing a better job and working on my goal of my water intake. It's been a good Tuesday.


My workouts are as follows:

-20 minutes of deep stretching focusing on the quads, hamstrings, and lower back.
-40 minutes of weight & resistance training.
EX: 4x12 sets of lunges with weights
4x12 sets squats with 35lb dumbbell.

4x12 sets squats on toes
(these are a select few of exercises I performed today)
-20 minutes of Intense Cardio on Elliptical.

-Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit


 


My meals are listed below:
M1: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites scrambled mixed with yellow & orange peppers, onion with 1 tbsp salsa. 1 sliced medium nectarine.
M2: (post workout): Vanilla Creme protein shake. 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water, crushed ice.
M3: Mixed greens with turkey chunks, Laughing Cow Swiss cheese wedge, 1tbsp sliced almonds, carrots, dressing on side.
M4: (post Insanity): 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt mixed with 1tbsp vanilla whey protein, 3 sliced strawberries, 6 blackberries, 1tbsp unsalted peanuts, 1tbsp whole grain oats.
M5: 2 chicken tenderloins marinated over night with lemon and lemon juice, pepper and rosemary, 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked vegetables.
M6: Chocolate peanut-butter protein ball. (recipe below)

I've done a better job today incorporating more veggies and less sugars.
Below is my recipe for the chocolate peanut butter protein balls-



2 scoops of chocolate whey protein
1Tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of stevia (optional)
1Tsp of baking, unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup of peanut butter


-Combine all ingredients together in large bowl, I also added some water to combine easier. Roll into a small ball on wax paper or foil and place in freezer until ready to eat. I only made a few just to see if I would like them and so far, so good!! Happy Tuesday!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment