Thursday, June 14, 2012

On my journey to a better me, I have learned a lot and I continue to learn new things every day. This past Monday, I incorporated Insanity into my fitness routine and I look forward to the results.


Below is a daily routine:


-20mins of deep stretching (I always make it a priority to stretch no matter what activity)

-40mins of weight lifting exercises (with rotation of upper and lower body 4x week)
-30mins of running @ 6.5 mph (2x week) on an average of 3.25-3.50 miles
-Non running days consist of 20 mins of HIIT (I highly recommend it)

--Following these sessions at the gym, I do Insanity 6x/week.



-Some weekends I will take a short run on Saturdays depending on how I feel about my week. 




My nutrition consists of me eating 5-6x a day every 2.5/3 hours.
Here is an example of what I had today:


M1:Breakfast: 2 egg whites on 1/2 whole grain toasted bagel thin with small sliced nectarine.
M2:Snack: Post Workout: Strawberry X-Rated Protein Shake with 1/2 Banana. Made with ice, 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 cup of water. 

M3:Lunch: 2 cups of mixed greens with sliced apple, baby carrots, sliced turkey and 1/2 Tbsp sliced almonds.
M4:Snack: Post Insanity: Plain Greek yogurt mixed with chocolate protein powder, cut strawberries, blackberries, 1 Tbsp of whole grain oats and 1/2 Tbsp of sliced almonds.
M5:Dinner: 1/2 Skinless chicken breast seasoned with green bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro and tomatoes stuffed inside a whole grain pita with side of steamed vegetables.

M6: Homemade Banana Mash-Chocolate Chip protein cookie.


I make it a priority to incorporate protein in every single meal with items such as protein powders, egg whites and poultry.  I also try to spice up my meals for a change of pace every day but I am sure to avoid sugars, pastries, and fried foods. I don't miss the fried foods, but I have a heavy sweet tooth and have found alternatives to sweets such as my Banana Mash protein cookies. :)




Hope this is helpful! I will be continuing to post my progress weekly-






2 comments:

  1. Love it! Please teach me to like meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do my best! Take baby steps and just add a small amount to a salad or a side to your dinner or lunch! Baby steps!

      Delete