Thursday, June 21, 2012

6/21/12-Thurday Itinerary.

Today concluded day 11 of Insanity. Today was scheduled for Cardio Recovery per the Insanity calendar & the recovery was needed for sure. Thursday workout is as follows:


-20 mins of deep stretching
-40 mins of weight and resistance exercises. (Today was marked as a leg and glute day)

-50 mins of steady cardio. 35 mins on treadmill @ 6.4mph/ .5% incline/3.05 miles and 16 mins on Stair climber.
-Insanity Cardio Recovery (35ish minutes)
Following the gym session, I had my recovery protein shake and lunch shortly after. My meals today are as follows:

M1: 2 scrambled egg whites mixed with pepper, cilantro, onions, tomatoes with 1 tbsp of salsa, cut nectarine, 1/2 toasted whole grain bagel thin & strawberry preserves.
M2: (post workout) Chocolate protein shake. 1 scoop chocolate whey protein, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup water. crushed ice. 

M3: 2 cups tortilla soup
M4: Sliced Gala apple with 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
M5: Grilled chicken rice pilaf with ratatouille
M6:Chocolate protein cake.


-I've come to realize that I'm still not ingesting enough calories and it's harder than I thought. I've looked in a few sources but I should be ball parking around 1900 calories/day for my level of activity and so far I am hitting around 1500 calories. I used to eat very little and it's a big change for me even at 1500 calories but it's all a learning experience and takes time :)





I'm getting prepped for another intense day tomorrow :)
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment