Sunday, June 24, 2012

2nd Week of Insanity is Checked Off!

This past Friday and this weekend was crazy busy. Along with keeping up with my usual fitness routines, my husband and I have recently purchased a new house & are doing some repairs and work that gives the house our personality. Along with that weekend activity, this Sunday was our first wedding anniversary so we did some celebrating. With that being said, I did cheat when it comes to my meal choices. I don't cheat too often and when I do, I don't beat myself up about it either. I'm human. I'm not 100% perfect and I'm okay with that. Below is my Friday and Saturday fitness schedule:

Friday: 6/22: 
---20 minutes of deep stretching.
---40 minutes of weights and resistance (Fridays I do full body. Legs, glutes, chest, abs, arms)
---20 minutes of max interval training on treadmill. 2.5% incline @ 7.6mph
---Cardio and Resistance Training (Insanity)

Saturday: 6/23:  
---Insanity Pure Cardio
---Insanity Cardio Abs


**Weekends I do not do any weight training**


My meals were as follows:


Friday:
---3 Egg white scramble with yellow peppers, cilantro, onions, 1 tbsp of salsa with whole grain 1/2 toasted bagel thin with fat free cream cheese. 
---Pure chocolate whey protein shake with 1/2 cup water. 1/2 cup skim milk. crushed ice.
---Mixed greens salad with cut turkey, swiss cheese wedge (Laughing Cow), sliced gala apple, 1tbsp sliced almonds. Dressing on side.
---1 medium banana with 2tbsp natural peanut butter.
---1/2 large chicken breast with red and green peppers, parsley, onion, tomatoes and 1/2 cup of whole grain pasta.


Saturday:
---2 egg whites with onions and cilantro. 1tbsp salsa. Whole grain toast with strawberry preserves.
---(post Insanity) Cookies and Cream whey protein shake. 1 scoop cookies and cream whey, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk. crushed ice.
---Turkey salad with sliced gala apple, 1 tbsp sliced almonds, mixed greens. Dressing on side.
---1/2 Angus burger (no bun) with chili potato wedges, side of Ketchup. (yes, I know ketchup has sugar)
---Strawberry ice cream (2 scoops)


Sunday:
---Egg white green chili bagel thin sandwich from Einsteins Bagels.
---Oatmeal and raisin Luna Bar
---1 medium banana
---4 Red Vines licorice
---Whole grain pasta with tomato sauce and turkey sausage.
---Small slice chocolate cake.



***Looking back on my meal choices this weekend, it's not as bad as I thought. I was on the road with my husband for a night away for our anniversary. I did not pack suitable snacks even though I know I should have.  Did I make the best choices? No. But I try to remember that setbacks don't break your progress. Quitting breaks progress. I am ready to bounce back tomorrow with my meal choices and my fitness regime again. I'm happy that I've concluded my 2nd week of Insanity and look forward to week 3.


---GOAL this week: Drink more water.


No comments:

Post a Comment