Friday, June 15, 2012

A Deeper Look into my Routine:

I hope that my first post has helped anyone who is looking to begin their own fitness journey. I have decided to share more information to gain a better depth of my journey: Below I have also posted progress photos:


While my daily routine works for me, it may not work for you. I want to point out that I have come along way from when I began over a year ago and did not begin my fitness regime the way it is today. I am 5'5 and had a starting weight was 145lbs one year ago. Today, I am at 130lbs. Though this may not sound like a huge weight loss, it is also key to remember that I have gained more muscle and I never let the scale get to me. I am looking to lose an additional 10lbs with the help of weight lifting, healthier nutrition and intense cardio. I don't enjoy sitting on a bike for 1 hour plus every day at a steady pace, instead I go for high intensity interval training (HIIT). HIIT can vary with time depending on your personal ability. My favorite is using this method on a treadmill with a 5% incline at a speed of 8.6mph for 3 minutes, then I slow down for 2 minutes and continue the cycle for 20 minutes+ for 3x a week. Daily, I workout close to 2-2.5 hours a day at 5 days a week. Though I know this is not realistic for everyone, I am always a believer that taking the smallest steps can give anyone improvement.



Additional advice I can give to any woman is to not to be afraid to lift heavy weights. You will not look "buff" since women do not have produce enough testosterone to gain such muscle mass as a man. When I see women at the gym lift 5lb dumbbells I find it crazy! How can anyone get an efficient workout with this!??!! My purse weighs more than those tiny weights!! It is key for anyone who looking to gain a toned body to not be afraid to lift heavy weights :)






I still feel I have a long way to go, but I am very proud of what I have accomplished. More progress updates to come! 


Happy Friday!

'Before' 2011      
March 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment