Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday = Insanity Dedication

-Today I completed my 9th day (10th day if you count rest day)  of Insanity. Though today was a day for Insanity, I did not hit the gym today. I usually take an off day from the gym either Wednesdays or Thursdays to prevent muscle fatigue. Training is good but over training is not. It is key to find some balance. :)


Day 9 of Insanity was called for Plyometric Cardio Circuit and the burn was felt for sure. I was sweating within the first 5 minutes. Even though today I was feeling more exhausted than the past few days, I always give it 100%.



My meal plan today is as follows:




M1:3 scrambled egg whites with cilantro, bell peppers and onions covered with salsa with small cut peach and left over watermelon chunks. 

M2:(post Insanity): Xrated strawberry whey protein shake with 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk & generous amount of crushed ice.
M3:Tortilla soup with cooked veggies
M4: Greek yogurt, cut strawberries, blackberries, cinnamon, small amount of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 tbsp sliced almonds.
M5:Turkey meatloaf sandwich on 1 piece of whole grain wheat bread with cooked veggies.
M6:Chocolate peanut butter protein ice cream with 1/2 sliced banana. (recipe below)


I noticed when I was looking back at my meals for today that I did not ingest enough calories. Before it was time for my 6th and final meal, I decided to swap out my 150 cal protein cake I made for the week for homemade protein ice cream which contains more peanut butter and milk. Here is the recipe:


Chocolate peanut butter clean ice cream:
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
4oz of skim milk
1 Tbsp of natural peanut butter
Lots of ice





*Blend all ingredients together until you get a thick consistency and top with any healthy topping. Today I was in the mood for banana. Very delish!



Back to the gym tomorrow! Cardio recovery for my Insanity workout as well!!
Until next time!




No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. — Socrates

No comments:

Post a Comment