Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pure Cardio & Thensome:

Insanity: Day 8: with Workout:


-Today was a day for the arms and upper body. My Tuesday routine is as listed below:

-20 minutes of deep stretching (I've been super sore lately so I really took the time today)


-40 minutes of weight and resistance training. I lift heavy so my reps are short and sweet.
Example:
***4 sets of 8 bicep curls with dumbbells at 20lbs per side.
***3 sets of 8 lat pull downs at 75lbs
***4 sets of 12 bench dips
***4 sets of 8 sitting chest press at 40lbs

--These are just a few workouts that I've done today. Before I attempt to lift heavy, I always begin with a quick single set of 10 at a lighter weight to get my muscles going. Always prepare before diving in :)

-Following weight & resistance training, I took 20 minutes of intense cardio with the elliptical machine. I really wanted to run today but my hamstrings and calves probably wouldn't allow it. I know my limits.

Menu for food today:

M1: 1 egg over easy on whole grain toast with large orange
M2: (Post workout 1) Chocolate peanut butter whey protein shake. 1 cup  whey chocolate pb protein powder. 1/2 cup water. 1/2 cup of skim milk and crushed ice.
M3: left over meat loaf from dinner last night with small salad. dressing on side. 

M4: (post Insanity) Greek yogurt with cut strawberries, blackberries, 1 tbsp whole grain oats and 1 tbsp sliced almonds.
M5: left over meatloaf in pita pocket with steamed veggies.
M6: chocolate protein cake with peanut butter frosting. 



Today was a good day overall, a little sore on the shoulders and legs but progress is coming along just great!

No comments:

Post a Comment