Monday, June 18, 2012

Fighting Through the Pain---

Today, I began my 2nd week of Insanity along with my regular gym routine. I did some intense running for 20 minutes & to be honest, it was difficult to start Insanity after my run because I was already wiped out, however, I am dedicated & committed to my goals and completing Insanity is one of those goals :)



Today was scheduled for a day of the legs and glutes. My workout today is as follows:
-20 minutes of stretching

-40 minutes of weights and resistance
-20 minutes of HIIT on treadmill--3 minutes running at max pace I am capable of, 2 minutes of steady pace over and over until I hit 20 minutes. Max incline of 2%, with pace of 7.6 mph

I am looking to speed up my running some more but I am careful about pacing myself since I've had running injuries in the past.






Before I workout for the day, I always have my breakfast to gain fuel for what's ahead. I am always sure to wait at least 1 hour before workout to prevent quick fatigue and gain an effective burn.

My meals and routine are as follows:



M1: 1/2 Toasted whole grain bagel thin with strawberry preserves,

3 egg whites mixed with bell peppers, pepper, cilantro and 1 tbsp of salsa.
M2: (post-workout #1) Vanilla protein shake. 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder,
1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk, crushed ice. 

M3: Mixed greens salad with cut turkey, apple slices, 1 tbsp sliced almonds, 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Swiss cheese lite (@ 35 calories/wedge). Balsamic on side-
M4: (post Insanity) 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp sliced almonds, 7 blackberries, 3 cut strawberries, 1 tbsp chocolate whey protein powder and 1 tbsp whole grain oats.
M5: Homemade turkey meatloaf with cooked veggies.
M6: Peanut Butter frosted chocolate protein cake. -Recipe on previous post :)



I've successfully got back in my groove from yesterday and even though today seemed to be a tougher day than previous, I am most proud of accomplishing my fitness goals today and not allowing any defeat or fatigue get in my way! Ready for the cycle to resume tomorrow :)


Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something will take it’s place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever… — Lance Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment